General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Why does no one talk about human cloning anymore?

After watching hours and hours of Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, and others like them.

This theist vs deist vs atheist discussion got me thinking.....


Why is human cloning not talked about anymore? We are cloning everything under the sun except for humans.

I am curious what everyone's belief is on it and albeit religious morals or personal morals against, or for it.....


discuss.....
Old 09-07-2012, 06:04 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
feminists are trying to keep it under wraps because it will make women even more useless than they already are

one android sex bots are invented and cloning is perfect women will be obsolete and we will usher in a new age of man of enlightenment, constant promiscuous homosexual love affairs, philosophy, science, and art, and the bane that is woman will be erased from all history
__________________
lol
Old 09-07-2012, 06:11 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Because cloning ceased to be exciting after it failed.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-07-2012, 06:12 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Because cloning ceased to be exciting after it failed.

How has it failed though? The majority of the meat you eat is cloned. I have spoken to SmithField rep's when I was a butcher about cloning. They said about 30% of their product is cloned.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
How has it failed though? The majority of the meat you eat is cloned. I have spoken to SmithField rep's when I was a butcher about cloning. They said about 30% of their product is cloned.

It failed because the clones don't live with what we've been able to do.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ies-young.html




Now what the fuck are YOU talking about with the food
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-07-2012, 06:16 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

?psalus
Apsalus
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
It failed because the clones don't live with what we've been able to do.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ies-young.html




Now what the fuck are YOU talking about with the food
He thinks that GMO = clone.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:37 PM ?psalus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

kjikji
 
kjikji's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
feminists are trying to keep it under wraps because it will make women even more useless than they already are

one android sex bots are invented and cloning is perfect women will be obsolete and we will usher in a new age of man of enlightenment, constant promiscuous homosexual love affairs, philosophy, science, and art, and the bane that is woman will be erased from all history

you'd need surrogate mothers though
Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM kjikji is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

kjikji
 
kjikji's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
How has it failed though? The majority of the meat you eat is cloned. I have spoken to SmithField rep's when I was a butcher about cloning. They said about 30% of their product is cloned.

probably artificial embryo twinning?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM kjikji is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
It failed because the clones don't live with what we've been able to do.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ies-young.html




Now what the fuck are YOU talking about with the food

17:56 14 February 2003 by Will Knight <----Your article.....


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.




USDA Ruled that no manufacturer will be forced to label cloned beef/pork/chicken.......so its been on the market for a few years now....despite this video saying otherwise. It is out in the market, unsure if its been on any shelf's I worked at.....but my Smithfield rep's said they have been doing it for a few years now, and the trials have been going on for 10+ years.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjikji View Post
probably artificial embryo twinning?

hmmm, I always hear the term cloned, not artificial embryo twinning.


But I am still curious about human cloning.....moral or immoral......
Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

kjikji
 
kjikji's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
hmmm, I always hear the term cloned, not artificial embryo twinning.


But I am still curious about human cloning.....moral or immoral......

well, artificial embryo twinning or splitting is still considered cloning. basically, an embryo is split and implanted into several surrogate mothers who will then be carrying genetically identical offspring.

cloning humans or cloning tissues/organs? and for what? if you wanted a clone of yourself, it'd be like dolly and die early :/
Old 09-07-2012, 07:05 PM kjikji is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjikji View Post
well, artificial embryo twinning or splitting is still considered cloning. basically, an embryo is split and implanted into several surrogate mothers who will then be carrying genetically identical offspring.

cloning humans or cloning tissues/organs? and for what? if you wanted a clone of yourself, it'd be like dolly and die early :/

Well for animals I can see it used for food purposes.....as in feeding more people for cheaper prices (albeit 20,000$ was mentioned per cloned animal in my video).


For humans.....for limbs, skin, if brain transplants ever become doable at a bigger scale maybe stay young forever? Once the processes are more stable?


The possibilities are endless if it can be more stable.....



edit: 6.5 years is not that bad considering in the article Hardon posted showed she was cloned from an already older sheep. So younger sheep means longer living clone? Typical sheep live for 11 years....so half the life span. She would not need to make it past 2 years for processing for food. For food sake it makes sense to clone animals.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:09 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
cloning costs a million time letting one sheep fuck another sheep. Organisms themselves are more efficient at reproducing themselves than we ever will be.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

kjikji
 
kjikji's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
cloning costs a million time letting one sheep fuck another sheep. Organisms themselves are more efficient at reproducing themselves than we ever will be.
this. it's not cheap enough for average food.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM kjikji is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

kjikji
 
kjikji's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
For humans.....for limbs, skin, if brain transplants ever become doable at a bigger scale maybe stay young forever? Once the processes are more stable?


The possibilities are endless if it can be more stable.....

brain transplants? it doesn't work that way
Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 PM kjikji is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.