General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post


You don't pay zero taxes AND get a refund...

Sure you can, if you have tax credits on top of deductions.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
300 a month for food, and a bigass car payment? IF you're poor, dont fucking live like that.
300 a month for food when you have two kids really isn't that much. That's less than a buck a meal per person.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

Gibonius
 
Ironically those people who only pay payroll taxes are still paying a higher effective rate than Mitt Romney.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
damn, even peggy noonan is getting in on the action.

http://blogs.wsj.com/peggynoonan/201...-intervention/
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

Gibonius
 
Romney is getting killed over this, and the conservative pundits are leading the charge. Going to be interesting to see how it pans out.


Pretty sure this "redistributionist" charge the Repubs are laying against Obama is not going to quell the fire. Only the drones are going to pay attention to that one and they're in the bag already.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
Mitt actually said on video that 47% of Americans are dependent on the government, 47% do not work and feel entitled, they believe that the government has a responsibility to take care of them no matter what, so those 47% are going to vote for Obama no matter what

done. just, done.
enjoy not being the president, you idiot
http://www.politico.com/news/stories...2.html?hp=t2_3

Truth hurts, doesn't it? Yeaaaa, remember how I kept reminding you that the unemployment % is not based on the number of people that are unemployed? Yeah, it's based on the number of people that are unemployed AND actually looking


Look regardless of how stupid it was to be recorded saying that, he is speaking the truth. Just like taking money out of medicare/medicaid - it is something neither side can admit needs to be done during elections.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 09-19-2012, 08:35 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Hey, If GM and Exxon can pay zero in taxes and Mitt Romney can write off 70k a year on a dancing horse and my dad can write off 60k on a porsche, why the fuck can't a working couple making 18 fucking thousand dollars a year write off 5k for trying to raise two kids properly?

They aren't making out like thieves on government largess. They are just barely scraping by.

++

It's legal in the law land of taxes. You want them to say "Oh here government, take some more money for no reason!" Do you pay more taxes than necessary? Because thats what you're expecting out of Romney

It's always typical to hear shit from peasants such as yourself that don't make shit for cash and are always bitching about entitlement.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Truth hurts, doesn't it? Yeaaaa, remember how I kept reminding you that the unemployment % is not based on the number of people that are unemployed? Yeah, it's based on the number of people that are unemployed AND actually looking


Look regardless of how stupid it was to be recorded saying that, he is speaking the truth. Just like taking money out of medicare/medicaid - it is something neither side can admit needs to be done during elections.

"True" in the sense that 47% of people don't pay income tax. False in every other conclusion he tried to draw, and extraordinarily bad politics even if it didn't get leaked.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:41 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
"True" in the sense that 47% of people don't pay income tax. False in every other conclusion he tried to draw, and extraordinarily bad politics even if it didn't get leaked.

Still, do you expect 53% to hold up 47% WHILE supporting themselves? WHILE saving for retirement? WHILE saving to go back to school? WHILE making minimum wage? I just can't understand why someone would reason with the idea of 53% to accomidate themselves and hold up the other 47%
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 09-19-2012, 08:44 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

Gibonius
 
Yeah those are some of the conclusions that are false.

Here, a little article describing many of the ways Romney's claims are full of shit.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hy-it-matters/

Basic summary: out of those 47%, 10% are elderly and used to pay income tax before they retired. 28.3% pay payroll tax. Only 7% don't pay either, and most of them are unemployed (not "not employed", formerly employed and now looking for work). The idea that nearly half the country is sitting back fat and happy off taxpayer's money is just completely false.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:26 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

cokezeroholic
 
cokezeroholic's Avatar
 
It isn't all bad for Romney to be honest. It shows how dependent on the government the american people actually are and that might need to change, put control back in their hands. Well, that COULD be one way to put a positive spin on it, let's see how his campaign managers fight back...

__________________
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer ... maybe I should go back.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 PM cokezeroholic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Still, do you expect 53% to hold up 47% WHILE supporting themselves? WHILE saving for retirement? WHILE saving to go back to school? WHILE making minimum wage? I just can't understand why someone would reason with the idea of 53% to accomidate themselves and hold up the other 47%

How much wealth do the 53% own?
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 PM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#73  

Colicious
I'm 18 and my mom grounded me for going 10 over the speed limit!! <3 siriusnova
 
Colicious's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
How much wealth do the 53% own?

what does it matter? did they somehow unfairly gain their wealth? did the government come in and give those people more money than the other group?

how is it fair to take away from those who earned their wealth and give it to people who did not?
__________________
3e8e19ca5f2e1c52bbc2223c33a41dda [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 PM Colicious is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

Colicious
I'm 18 and my mom grounded me for going 10 over the speed limit!! <3 siriusnova
 
Colicious's Avatar
 
also, dont forget part of that 53% is also government empoyees, whose salary and pension is paid for by taxpayers
__________________
3e8e19ca5f2e1c52bbc2223c33a41dda [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 PM Colicious is offline  
Reply With Quote
#75  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.