General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Picking at other peoples thoughts and beliefs.

So our culture does this weird thing where all in the same room you can end up with a hardcore atheist, a hardcore catholic, someone who believes that they are going to heaven and no one else in the room is, another person who believes they are channeling an alien intelligence who is going to come retrieve them on December 21st and so on and so on. Any array of crazy ass weird belief structures.

And our culture has this thing where, we're not supposed to talk about it. We are not supposed to bring up the fact that the Mormon has a belief structure that makes him think his genetics are god's gift to the world and he must make as many baby's as possible, and that he is somehow extra special is not contributing unnecessarily to overpopulation. We're just supposed to ignore that he thinks overpopulation is a good idea and pretend that everything is good. So that on the occasional meeting you can exchange smiles and niceties and so "Your a good person, I like you". Ignoring fucked up their belief structure and how detrimental it would be to humanity if it actually employed on a mass scale, overflowing the planet with infants.

Or were supposed to pretend that the Catholics devote belief of 'God is all Good' and we should relate everything God and church is somehow respectable so that we can have a nice dinner together or something. And then in occasional passing in the future we can say "hey man hows it going" "Cool great" "nice seeing you".

Ok what is this all about?

Does having as many people to say "Cool man, nice seeing you" to as possible, is that really the most important thing in life?

Why don't we start just picking apart other peoples belief structures and thoughts, you know if theres something weird, why not bring it up? Talk about it, try to rearrange each other's brain programs into something better.

Believe it or not, that exactly why I post here, I do it myself, I post it so you all nitpick my brain programs and I can refine them. You might think I just TALK at all of you, but I cannot express how much I have refined my thoughts, and beliefs, from posting here.

And I feel like everyone should have that experience. Everyone should be willing to let everyone else, see their beliefs, their models of reality, analyze them, critique and rearrange them if necessary.

But this is so taboo. SOOOO taboo, and I don't get it.

Should I really continue to just keep my mouth shut around the hardcore Christians and such I know in real life or should we start going at refining our brain programs?

See most people in psychedellic spiritual movements are all about this, pry open your brain, show it to everyone, listen to everyone, let everyone rework everything. Brain programming is a community effort, and anything goes.

Where Christians thats like hardcore shut down, and even alot of atheists are like that. They get EXTREMELY uncomfortable and offended even if you start to prod into their unconscious mind. And it just annoys me to no end. I'm getting to point where I just want to poke and poke and poke and poke until they break and start screaming, or run away from me, or actually let it open up and start talking about.

But thats 'not culturally acceptable' ... ? Improper etiquette?

Personally I'm starting to feel like it's incredibly irresponsible and immature to not take full responsibility and full conscious awareness of all that exists in your unconscious mind at this point. People walking around with unconscious aspects of their mind are starting to look to me like people walking around with bags of shit hanging off the side of their head. It's irresponsible, they need to take the time to clean themselves up, and take responsibility for being fully conscious of everything in their head.

But I worry if I start acting on this feeling of mine I am going to really PISS SOME PEOPLE OFF hardcore.

What do you all think?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
i think you're a drug addled moron who finds new ways to spout the same garbage every week without actually saying anything substantive.

that said...


you're constantly on about catholics and how their beliefs need to be attacked and questioned, yet whenever anyone does this with yours they just don't get your way of thinking because of western culture. so which is it? do you want people to question belief systems, or not to? what does it matter who questions someones beliefs or not if those beliefs aren't harmful to anyone else? you also talk about christianity, without any clear understanding of what it is to be a christian. instead basing your views on flawed assumptions that you've gathered yourself and using blanket statements to label entire groups of people. you're on about poking around inside people's unconscious mind's and how it makes people angry, yet whenever anyone tries to refute what you say they just dont' understand you, or they're flat out wrong. you're exactly like the people you criticize (of which i doubt you have any dealings with on even a yearly basis) but you can't, or refuse to, see it, and refuse to apply your own logic to yourself.

in short. shut the fuck up already.


edit: oh and even if you're no longer on drugs, you've clearly done so many in the past you've turned your brain to mush.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”

Last edited by Xcric; 11-05-2012 at 01:57 AM..
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 AM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
u mad bro?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 AM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
i think you're a drug addled moron who finds new ways to spout the same garbage every week without actually saying anything substantive.

that said...


you're constantly on about catholics and how their beliefs need to be attacked and questioned, yet whenever anyone does this with yours they just don't get your way of thinking because of western culture. so which is it? do you want people to question belief systems, or not to? what does it matter who questions someones beliefs or not if those beliefs aren't harmful to anyone else? you also talk about christianity, without any clear understanding of what it is to be a christian. instead basing your views on flawed assumptions that you've gathered yourself and using blanket statements to label entire groups of people. you're on about poking around inside people's unconscious mind's and how it makes people angry, yet whenever anyone tries to refute what you say they just dont' understand you, or they're flat out wrong. you're exactly like the people you criticize (of which i doubt you have any dealings with on even a yearly basis) but you can't, or refuse to, see it, and refuse to apply your own logic to yourself.

in short. shut the fuck up already.


edit: oh and even if you're no longer on drugs, you've clearly done so many in the past you've turned your brain to mush.

completely untrue

if anyone pokes around at my unconcious I respond with description as clearly as I can, and this has happened alot, everything I write here is a response to what other people have said, even new threads. I reserve a completely seperate set of subjects and ways of talking for different crowds.

You however have never done this and you specifically have regularly responded clearly signifying you don't understand what I am talking about.

for example of what I mean by this, where you typically say something in this genre of
"No you dont know what your talking about"
you could instead ask a question concerning why the hell that is coming out of my head

Last edited by dio; 11-05-2012 at 10:04 AM..
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
u mad bro?

kind of, I'm falling into winter isolation, alot of perturbment comes out then
Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
completely untrue

if anyone pokes around at my unconcious I respond with description as clearly as I can, and this has happened alot, everything I write here is a response to what other people have said, even new threads. I reserve a completely seperate set of subjects and ways of talking for different crowds.

You however have never done this and you specifically have regularly responded clearly signifying you don't understand what I am talking about.

for example of what I mean by this, where you typically say something in this genre of
"No you dont know what your talking about"
you could instead ask a question concerning why the hell that is coming out of my head

thank you for proving my point.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 AM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

grjr
 
grjr's Avatar
 
Yep you have to expect you will piss some people off. you just explained it yourself. that is the way the game is setup.
__________________
irc.slashnet.org #cartalk
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 AM grjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

Gibonius
 
dio sure spends a lot of time thinking about Christians for someone who thinks "scientific atheists" are too influenced by Christian tradition.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas
 
augusttremulous's Avatar
 
I feel uncomfortable right now because on some level I agree with you. I don't think you need to be rude about it, but if someone says something that is supremely fucked up, I don't think you shouldn't call them out if it is because of their religion, that is how shit like genital mutilation and child marriages stick around (the "oh, it's part of their culture/religion, who are WE to say it's wrong" outlook). That said, I think it would be dumb to walk up to someone with whom I had no other issues just to pick a fight. If it comes up naturally in conversation, stand your ground, call them out, whatever, but you don't have to stir the pot for no reason. Similarly, I wouldn't expect someone I don't know to come up and want to argue politics with me, or to come up and tell me my favorite band sucks and here's why.

To be clear: if it matters, sure, argue your side. If someone else brings it up, stand your ground. However, if you bring it up out of nowhere just for the sake of arguing, you're probably not going to convince anybody, and in fact will probably only succeed in making yourself look like a jackass.
__________________
d4rkspike, wrxhottie, whizzleteets, and asa
Arátoeldar = dad
OddFactor is my spoiled grandson,sloths is my leetle bro
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:
Old 11-05-2012, 01:06 PM augusttremulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
I think you're really narcissistic (like nearly every adherent of your sort pseudo-theology I've met) and guilty of the same thing you're prattling about in the OP, OP.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
kind of, I'm falling into winter isolation, alot of perturbment comes out then

because of the weather?

I live in SD it's lost on me
Old 11-05-2012, 07:07 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
I think you're really narcissistic (like nearly every adherent of your sort pseudo-theology I've met) and guilty of the same thing you're prattling about in the OP, OP.

what is narcissistc about me?

I enjoy writing streams of concioussnes... and I do it on obscure forums where people can choose to not pay attention if they don't want to.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:42 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.