General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
Unions are just a natural product of the free market

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 11-25-2012, 12:42 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#196  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
Unions are just a natural product of the free market

Yes,especially that contributing monthly fees of your paycheck every week to union boss' Oh - and that whole thing when you take the job you agree to be in the union as well automatically Fuck you're the dumbest liberal of them all.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 11-25-2012, 05:12 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#197  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
It's here:




Seems they will take a reasonable profit over none at all. You're the idiot but what can I do.

It's not "here" it's in other countries fuck stick
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 11-25-2012, 05:14 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#198  

Jehannum
 
Jehannum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
You're a fucking IDIOT. Seriously.

Where is that Walmart union eh? Where are those DISASTER hits to their sales for black friday? Toolbag.

Walmart gets bad rep, but other retailers are in the same basket. The only problem I can truly say is fucked up as far as Walmart goes, is their scheduling. I've heard they have to lookup their hours EVERY DAY because they have no idea how they changed it every day. No consistency, more precisely.Now that I can stand behind and say there should be laws against for basic humanity reasons.

The problem with walmart is the public burden that all those low-wage workers put on the system. Via EBT (used to be food stamps) or welfare, we subsidize well over half of those 1.2 million people "employed" by Walmart, just so that the Waltons can get moderately richer year-on-year.

I don't know about you, but to me, that seems downright socialist.
__________________
Your powers are useless! I'm wearing my tin foil underwear!

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 AM Jehannum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#199  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
The problem with walmart is the public burden that all those low-wage workers put on the system. Via EBT (used to be food stamps) or welfare, we subsidize well over half of those 1.2 million people "employed" by Walmart, just so that the Waltons can get moderately richer year-on-year.

I don't know about you, but to me, that seems downright socialist.

I'm not going to disagree one bit. But like I said, everyone bitches to Walmart. Bitch to your federal government to raise minimum wage. Just don't cry a river if more jobs go overseas.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 11-25-2012, 06:17 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#200  

Jehannum
 
Jehannum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
I'm not going to disagree one bit. But like I said, everyone bitches to Walmart. Bitch to your federal government to raise minimum wage. Just don't cry a river if more jobs go overseas.

They bitch about walmart because a walmart associate typically makes 13% less than average retail wages, and 15% less than average large retail store wages.

Target, a competitor in the same space, does not show the same tendencies, nor does it result in a net 2.7% decrease in retail employment in every county they set up a store (like Walmart does).
__________________
Your powers are useless! I'm wearing my tin foil underwear!

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 AM Jehannum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#201  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
I'm not going to disagree one bit. But like I said, everyone bitches to Walmart. Bitch to your federal government to raise minimum wage. Just don't cry a river if more jobs go overseas.

oh hi there inflation.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 AM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#202  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
They bitch about walmart because a walmart associate typically makes 13% less than average retail wages, and 15% less than average large retail store wages.

Target, a competitor in the same space, does not show the same tendencies, nor does it result in a net 2.7% decrease in retail employment in every county they set up a store (like Walmart does).


Oh - so because OTHER retailers do it, that means Walmart has to do it - Great LOGIC!!!

I'm sorry, who is trumping every other retailer? Ohhhh RIGHT... thats Walmart.


But that doesn't come without repercussions. People such as myself and plenty of others won't step foot inside places like Walmart for these reasons. Nevertheless, their success can clearly be seen.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 11-25-2012, 07:42 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#203  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
oh hi there inflation.

Oh hi there bitch to your government from the tripling the national debt hence making the dollar worth less

Once again, it all goes back to the government. Not the retailer. Not Walmart. Not your employer. Bitch. To. Your. Government.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 11-25-2012, 07:44 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#204  

AllMadHere!
 
besides caring enough about this topic to choose one POLITICAL side of the whole walmart or labor conversation, how many of you honestly give even one half of a fuck about the retards that mop up piss in walmart's bathrooms?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:45 AM AllMadHere! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#205  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMadHere! View Post
besides caring enough about this topic to choose one POLITICAL side of the whole walmart or labor conversation, how many of you honestly give even one half of a fuck about the retards that mop up piss in walmart's bathrooms?

They clean bathrooms? They don't clean up products all over the floor, why would they even have an employer step foot in a bathroom?
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#206  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMadHere! View Post
besides caring enough about this topic to choose one POLITICAL side of the whole walmart or labor conversation, how many of you honestly give even one half of a fuck about the retards that mop up piss in walmart's bathrooms?

does that even matter?

how many of us care about anyone doing anything that we don't do? does anyone care about the gas station attendant? the cashier at the grocery store? the guy who stocks best buy's shelves? the people who drive garbage trucks? what are you even trying to get at?
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 11-25-2012, 07:50 AM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#207  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Oh - so because OTHER retailers do it, that means Walmart has to do it - Great LOGIC!!!

I'm sorry, who is trumping every other retailer? Ohhhh RIGHT... thats Walmart.


But that doesn't come without repercussions. People such as myself and plenty of others won't step foot inside places like Walmart for these reasons. Nevertheless, their success can clearly be seen.

whats your point here? a company can treat its employees like trash, cut their pay, and increase profits. this has been established. thats whats been talked about since day one of this thread. this is nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Oh hi there bitch to your government from the tripling the national debt hence making the dollar worth less

Once again, it all goes back to the government. Not the retailer. Not Walmart. Not your employer. Bitch. To. Your. Government.

but you go on about how you don't want the government in your economics. you're also forgetting about state and local governments. i pay more for products in this county, than i do if i cross the bridge into the next county 20 minutes away, and i pay less for goods in another county 30 minutes north of here than i would in both counties... but new york state minimum wage is the same in every county.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 AM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#208  

Jehannum
 
Jehannum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Oh - so because OTHER retailers do it, that means Walmart has to do it - Great LOGIC!!!

I'm sorry, who is trumping every other retailer? Ohhhh RIGHT... thats Walmart.


But that doesn't come without repercussions. People such as myself and plenty of others won't step foot inside places like Walmart for these reasons. Nevertheless, their success can clearly be seen.

So, I'm not allowed to talk about it?

Jesus wept, you're thick.

I don't shop at Walmart, because it's morally equivalent to welfare-check laundering.
__________________
Your powers are useless! I'm wearing my tin foil underwear!

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:11 AM Jehannum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#209  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Yes,especially that contributing monthly fees of your paycheck every week to union boss' Oh - and that whole thing when you take the job you agree to be in the union as well automatically Fuck you're the dumbest liberal of them all.

So are you negating what I said or what?
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 11-25-2012, 09:17 AM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#210  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.