General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
You're alleging that AGW is a conspiracy, invented to make money.

"Invented" is irrelevant - that is what it is being USED for now.

Quote:
AGW doesn't come with policy recommendations. It's a statement of physical fact and mechanism.
From the same Academia that can't tell us if coffee is good for you or bad for you! LOL! It is FAR from any statement of fact. You think you can just state that and it becomes true. You are the juvenile.


Quote:
Most science doesn't have a "control group." That's the juvenile model of science taught to grade schoolers, really based around biological/medical experiments.
It is the scientific method. You have abandoned that for political science method bases on emotionalism and "what ifs." Stop calling it science if you don't follow it the method.

Quote:
That's not to say that there isn't "controlled experiments" going on, just that we don't need another parallel planet to watch to evaluate our understanding.
Yes, you do if you want to claim it is scientific. Just stop lying about that - it is supposition.

Quote:
Scientists have done all sorts of controlled experiments in labs to break down the enormously complex system of the Earth into smaller pieces that we can manage.
Doesn't work that way - typical juvenile reductionism. This idiocy is the reason science has become a joke - bad methodology. Garbage in, garbage out. But so long as they keep getting their palms crossed with silver they don't really care.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#76  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I guess you could have read the original article, you disgusting racist

why the fuck are you even here

Stupid commercials based on EMOTIONALISM. Science would not need such propaganda:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Have you guys seen PSA's like this to convince people to believe in Boyle's Law or Avagadro's number? LOL! No, it is patently obvious this is about POLITICS - particularly Cultural Marxism.

If I was a GW kook I would be ashamed.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#77  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post

If I was a GW kook I would be ashamed.
No,
you have no shame. You are not capable of that emotion to begin with. Thank you for posting a few failed ad campaigns though, I guess for people of little intelligence, those do count?
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#78  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Why is the resident academia hating racist talking about failed ad campaigns by the way? The original post talks about 120 million dollars put in the works to discredit science because of ideology.

I know he is a retard and conveniently academia is a joke when not talking about a KKK doctor or a pro-nazi historian (how convienient can it be), but what is it actually that drives a handicapped person to go through those motions?
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#79  

SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
BTW, I see from Google's homepage it is Copernicus' birthday. Did he use children and theatrics and emotionalism to sell his ideas?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#80  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
He appears to be an MD, which makes him about as qualified to write about climate science as I am to write about heart transplants.

Also, it's a fiction book with no review. Maybe it does have some interesting points, but he can write anything he wants without any standards of accuracy. You have no way of knowing what, if anything, in there is correct or not. Nothing wrong with that sort of book, but it's not really a useful source of information.

yes, he's an MD. Or was, since he's dead.

But that means he had a grounding in science--biology, physics, chemistry. And he was SMART. He had a grasp of things few people ever can hope to achieve.

Read the book. And pay attention to the annotations (yes, annotations in a fiction work, and to actual real-life, available-for-reading research).

Then, if you can get last your arrogance, come back and talk about it.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#81  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
GW theory is a religion.

Does science need PSA's to convinced (brow-beat) people in to believing it?

Obviously so, since they do it.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#82  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I already know you're a fucking retard, no need to try this hard anymore....
Besides even if his field was Master of All Climate like you seem to fucking think it is, perhaps it'd do him a world of good to actually fucking work in the field

But I guess Tex also reads computer science from the 70's in todays context because they're current and relevant



Damn, you're a moron.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#83  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
"Invented" is irrelevant - that is what it is being USED for now.



From the same Academia that can't tell us if coffee is good for you or bad for you! LOL! It is FAR from any statement of fact. You think you can just state that and it becomes true. You are the juvenile.




It is the scientific method. You have abandoned that for political science method bases on emotionalism and "what ifs." Stop calling it science if you don't follow it the method.



Yes, you do if you want to claim it is scientific. Just stop lying about that - it is supposition.



Doesn't work that way - typical juvenile reductionism. This idiocy is the reason science has become a joke - bad methodology. Garbage in, garbage out. But so long as they keep getting their palms crossed with silver they don't really care.

Remember that AGW is over 100 years old, from a time when people believed drinking radon-laced water was good for you, and science didn't figure it out until jaws started falling off of people.

He keeps spouting AGW like catholic dogma, the Holy Book of Church Law, with the law that's says priests must diddle boys /south park sarcasm--and that's the weakness. Instead of assuming error inherent in any theory, and working to eliminate that error, they assume the godlike infallibility of AGW and then do anything they can to prove it.

Kinda reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition, or the Salem Witch Trials.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#84  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
BTW, I see from Google's homepage it is Copernicus' birthday. Did he use children and theatrics and emotionalism to sell his ideas?

Did you try to google some more irrelevant ad campaigns that were pulled off air to support your staunch and convincing argumentation?

Your idol Hitler by the way, didn't use theatrics and emotionalism to sell his ideas of environentalism, but it seems it is of little use to talk about it to a perpetual lying machine, that on the other hands does his utmost best to bash jews, capitalists and others, while on the other hand he completely swallows their propaganda and does his hardest to further these capitalist ideas
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#85  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Damn, you're a moron.

*reads a fiction book*

hmmm...yes, quite thought provoking. I r smrt. Perhaps dr. seuss has some convincing AGW argumentation for me aswell.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#86  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
"plants need co2, won't someone please think of the plants? fucking econazis killing plants"
-you, a moron on the internet

I'm all for supporting western world lifestyles in some cases. In your case, it means you will probably die of a massive coronary at age 50 or below

good riddance to bad rubbish
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#87  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Why is the resident academia hating racist talking about failed ad campaigns by the way? The original post talks about 120 million dollars put in the works to discredit science because of ideology.

I know he is a retard and conveniently academia is a joke when not talking about a KKK doctor or a pro-nazi historian (how convienient can it be), but what is it actually that drives a handicapped person to go through those motions?

I don't argue that at all--in fact, I applaud not only using PSAs and education to teach environmental conscientiousness and consideration; I also support alot of it (see my Facebook page, I post something at least daily). Hell that commercial that Exxon had pulled off the air because it was anti-Exxon was utterly hilarious... and to some extent right.

I even have gotten behind more efficient cars using more recyclable and biodegradable materials, and less water.

But when someone decides that CO2 is a dangerous greenhouse gas, because some moldy old theory says so, based on a data sample so small that it's invalid? No fucking way.

Someone's developing a CO2-based refrigeration system, that's showing promise as a solid replacement for refrigerant-based ones. Is that gonna be banned because of the CO2, or over regulated for the same reason?? And when are they gonna ban dry ice? Or ANY man-made fuel to burn?

At that rate, we'll be living in mud huts, with rotten teeth, jaundice, rickets, and scurvy, killing buffalo for food and clothing--oh, snap, can't do that, it's anti-AGW!!

Might as well say "fuck it" and wipe out the entire hominid population of the planet.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#88  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Did you try to google some more irrelevant ad campaigns that were pulled off air to support your staunch and convincing argumentation?

Your idol Hitler by the way, didn't use theatrics and emotionalism to sell his ideas of environentalism, but it seems it is of little use to talk about it to a perpetual lying machine, that on the other hands does his utmost best to bash jews, capitalists and others, while on the other hand he completely swallows their propaganda and does his hardest to further these capitalist ideas

Actually, he did: he appealed to his people with nationalism, racism, and emotional keys to get them to react as a mob in the direction he wanted them to go. Then they burned a bunch of Jews in ovens (OMFG THINK OF THE CARBON EMISSIONS!!), and tried to take over the world.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 02-18-2013, 11:55 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#89  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
"plants need co2, won't someone please think of the plants? fucking econazis killing plants"
-you, a moron on the internet

I'm all for supporting western world lifestyles in some cases. In your case, it means you will probably die of a massive coronary at age 50 or below

good riddance to bad rubbish

Dude, you definitely have no clue. Gibbit, I actually believe he knows the basic photosynthesis cycle; you, on the other hand, just demonstrated that you have no idea what it is and how it works. And why CO2 is a critical component in the process.

As I suggested to gibberer: READ THE NOVEL. Especially the annotations. And THINK, beyond the walls of your tiny little bubble. Then come back and discuss it.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#90  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.