General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

FEMA Camps v. Jones and Ventura debunked

The Evidence: Debunking FEMA Camp Myths
http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/4312850
Earlier this week, PM editor-in-chief James Meigs appeared on Glenn Beck's FOX news program twice to debunk conspiracy theories regarding supposed "concentration camps" being built by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. You can read transcripts from those appearances here and here. But PM's research went beyond what could fit in the short segments. Below are more details regarding some of the most prevalent claims, and facts, uncovered through PM's independent investigation.

3. Beech Grove Amtrak facility
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

CLAIMS:
A) "The Amtrak Railcar Repair Facility at Beech Grove, Ind., contains high security NSA-style people turnstiles, and high intensity/security lighting for 24-hour operation. These buildings have been sealed airtight and constructed to allow gas to be blown into all the buildings via the newly installed, two-story, hot air heating furnaces. [T]he (jobs) of Americans who were laid off there will be filled with foreigners, who will have no qualms about gassing Americans in the newly renovated gas chambers, in the Dachau and Auschwitz of America."

-2:03-2:15 / 2:30-2:50: "This small building is the only way into a particular fenced area. Inside this building, we see more of the motion-activated detectors, electronic turnstiles, and prison bars. " All of the renovations to this property have involved putting in new fencing, electronic turnstiles, concrete flooring in unused warehouse buildings, and putting in large gas furnaces in buildings that were never heated anytime in the past 20 years."

-4:10-4:40: "In yet another fenced area, we see a large warehouse building at the end with the electronic turnstiles in front of it. The building is one that has a new concrete floor--and its doors and windows have all been blocked. Outside there are new gas pipes."

-4:57-5:17: "The gas lines and gas pipes at the facility run the length of the buildings--and come out at some very, very large brand-new furnaces that have been installed at the buildings throughout the facility."

FACTS:
A) This footage, which appears in multiple videos on YouTube, is from a "documentary" filmed 15 years ago--yet today, it's been viewed nearly 1.5 million times online. The woman who made the video, Linda Thompson, was one of the pioneers of the militia movement in the United States--except that she was so extreme, the Southern Poverty Law Center says she embarrassed even her fellow milita members. (Most famously, she called for an armed march on Washington, D.C., to "take U.S. senators and congressmen into custody, hold them for trial, and, if necessary, execute them."). Far from a death camp, Beech Grove is the primary maintenance facility for Amtrak's long-distance trains, overhauling and repairing approximately 700 passenger cars a year. Company officials, who've heard these theories for years, welcomed our film crew, and John Grey, the superintendent of the facility, showed us anything we wanted to see.

B) The turnstiles and "prison bars": According to Grey, that system was the company's initial attempt at an electronic system to log in and out its 500 employees. They're similar to a pair of subway turnstiles. As the technology evolved, so too did the Amtrak infrastructure: There are no more bars to funnel employees through one set of gates; now there are electronic kiosks across the property where workers can clock in and out. "That system was short-lived," Grey says. "Now there are kiosks everywhere."

-The "large warehouse" with windows and doors that are blocked: When the original footage was filmed, the "Coach 3" building, one of three original repair facilities on the property, was in the process of being emptied and consolidated into the other two massive warehouses on the property. That's why it was boarded up. The building was demolished about seven years ago.

-New gas pipes and furnaces: In 1993, the existing centralized power plant for steam heat was deemed too expensive and inefficient. That year, the company upgraded to localized forced-air gas heaters. (Hence the "new gas pipes" seen in 1994.) "The volume of gas use went up, so we rerouted the gas line from a front entrance to the back entrance," Grey said, "just like you would at your house."

4. Hundreds of thousands of plastic coffins
(skip to 31:45)
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

CLAIM: "500,000 plastic air-tight coffins in the middle of Atlanta Georgia. Apparently the Government is expecting a Half Million people to die relatively soon, and the Atlanta Airport is a major airline traffic hub, probably the biggest in the country, which means Georgia is a prime base to conduct military operations and coordination. It is also the home of the CDC, the Center for Disease Control. I don't want to alarm anyone, but usually you don't buy 500,000 plastic coffins 'just in case something happens,' you buy them because you know something is going to happen. These air tight seal containers would be perfect to bury victims of plague or biological warfare in, wouldn't they?"

FACT: The black polypropylene products purported to be coffins are grave liners, or burial vaults, manufactured by Convington, Ga.-based Vantage Products. (In this case, they are examples of the company's Standard Air Seal model.) The use of a burial vault, which prevents the collapse of cemetery ground and protects the casket, is a common requirement when a body is interred.

The filmed lot in Madison, Ga., is a Vantage storage facility. Of the 900,000 or so in-ground burials in the U.S. each year, a small percentage of those people prearranged their own caskets and vaults--which Vanguard holds at the storage facility until the appropriate time. According to company Vice President of Operations Michael Lacey, there are approximately 50,000 vaults in storage in Madison. "It's nowhere near the quantity they talk about on the Internet," he told the local Morgan County Citizen newspaper. Furthermore, Lacey has said the company maintains detailed records of product ownership and is audited annually, to insure all vaults are accounted for.

Read more: FEMA Camps - Debunking FEMA Camp Myths - Popular Mechanics
Follow us: @PopMech on Twitter | popularmechanics on Facebook
Visit us at PopularMechanics.com

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/4312850

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

auntie
pwned

phew
[QUOTE=oleo]I'm almost 30 and I almost got fat again.[/QUOTE]
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

auntie
pwned

aren't you the only one here who believed that anyway
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

They've only been 'debunked' in the US... they're all over the place in the UK.

auntie
pwned

lol
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

they don't want to waste time and money on stuff like that, it's easier to kill us with shitty food and water.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quick, somebody call Alex Jones and tell him he has been making money by telling lies for the past 20 years...

/he knows.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Says the bro living in a brompound in the broods of Broregon.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Quick, somebody call Alex Jones and tell him he has been making money by telling lies for the past 20 years...

/he knows.

He's just another shitty preacher, like glen beck and Joel osteen: frothing people into a frenzy so they can skim their cash off the top.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

edplayer
no

what is a nsa people style turnstile?

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post

--John Hobbs

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post

I think they mean those one way rotating security doors like they have at the exits of amusement parks and subways.

They look like this:

edplayer
no

how is a nsa style people turnstile different from a non nsa style people turnstile?

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

I've worked at a couple of places that had those to get in and out.

edplayer
no

were they nsa style?