General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Jack's raging erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
didn't say it's necessarily a good thing they're going to bomb the fuck out of some shitskin goat herders, but regardless of that fact it's not exactly going to war and that's pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a moron

How do you even get bomb the fuck out of someone and that isn't war in the same sentence? You trollin' me, bro?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SamFarber

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
How do you even get bomb the fuck out of someone and that isn't war in the same sentence? You trollin' me, bro?

Suggesting a bombing mission in syria is a war, is suggesting the battle of mogadishu should be named "the US-Somalian war". Hardly the case.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Suggesting a bombing mission in syria is a war, is suggesting the battle of mogadishu should be named "the US-Somalian war". Hardly the case.
Who's saying it's a war? Other than the Syrian government of course....and possibly Iran, Russia and anyone else who stands to lose something.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Who's saying it's a war? Other than the Syrian government of course....and possibly Iran, Russia and anyone else who stands to lose something.

jack apparently is, hence the reply to him

Mr. Marbles

It is a civil war. We decide to bomb one faction and we join that war and open the door to any retaliation or escalation.

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Dude, Obama has come out and basically said that this is really about our credibility with Iran (which implies it's also about Israel). John Kerry, Chuck Hagel, John McCain, and plenty of others have all said basically the same thing, they just mix it into a big address about protecting Syrian civilians and punishing Asaad. Anyone that hasn't realized this needs to have that medical procedure that disconnects the cranium from the rectum.

Jack's raging erection

Quote:

So... act of war != war.

The only reason it wasn't considered whatever you call a war is because it wasn't palatable for the press to declare a police action, humanitarian action or whatever other horseshit they call it on a country with a much smaller conventional military and our intention to destroy one thing and walk away a war. That's it. That's the only reason why attacking Syria is not war, why Somalia isn't a war, or any other stupid shit that's going to happen.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
Dude, Obama has come out and basically said that this is really about our credibility with Iran (which implies it's also about Israel). John Kerry, Chuck Hagel, John McCain, and plenty of others have all said basically the same thing, they just mix it into a big address about protecting Syrian civilians and punishing Asaad. Anyone that hasn't realized this needs to have that medical procedure that disconnects the cranium from the rectum.

It may be a play against Iran, but there's more going on than just "Israel vs Iran." All the Gulf states are solidly aligned against Iran and have been funding the rebels in Syria. None of them are comfortable with the rise of Iran. The region as a whole still matters because of the oil. We could totally ignore Israel in the whole consideration and still want to make a play against Syria as a proxy state for Iran.

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
It may be a play against Iran, but there's more going on than just "Israel vs Iran." All the Gulf states are solidly aligned against Iran and have been funding the rebels in Syria. None of them are comfortable with the rise of Iran. The region as a whole still matters because of the oil. We could totally ignore Israel in the whole consideration and still want to make a play against Syria as a proxy state for Iran.

Why not be allies with Iran - far more Western than Saudi Arabia.

Jack's raging erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
Why not be allies with Iran - far more Western than Saudi Arabia.

They didn't like the Shah...

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
They didn't like the Shah...Which the US/CIA installed back in the 1950's, after President Nassir had wanted to nationalize their oil supplies.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

Mr. Marbles

So intervention in a civil war in an already unstable region is a good "play"? Serves our interest how? Its good for oil prices? Thanks for making that clear.

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_B View Post

Mossadegh

Jack's raging erection

Solving the problem of violating Syrian sovereignty by...

internationalizing Syria's chemical weapons just so we can destroy them.

So, what was that about being so angry at violating Syria's sovereignty? GG RUS

Anyway

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Jack's raging erection; 09-09-2013 at 01:49 PM..