So unfortunately, the 300ZX is still not back terrorizing the roads. After two days hard at it, the motor is almost all the way back together, so I'm pretty happy about the progress.
EGR plug for the plenum. I've been running with a non-functional EGR for 3 years now (the valve seized, a pretty common thing), so this is just a formalization of the arrangement (still passes emissions with flying colors).
Beauty shot - the cam covers are all on, the upper and lower timing covers are on, it's almost all done.
Oil pan and turbo drains are on, too
Plenum, throttlebodies, PCV, water line bypass, idle air lines, balance tube, spark plugs, and coils are all on. All that's left is actually mounting the accessories, like the air conditioner compressor, the power steering pump mount, and the alternator. Helper is in the lower right.
After taking the condenser out of the front, it was obvious that I hadn't cleaned well enough (radiators are wonderful things to catch crap in...), so we took out all of the intercooler piping and pressure washed again, more thoroughly.
The smaller of the two lines running to the evaporator (the heat exchanger for the AC that lives in the dash) needed replacing, after I mangled it a few years ago:
For some reason, Nissan made it a single line, that you have to basically take the entire passenger side of the engine bay apart to get to. It was just lovely, but now it's replaced, as are all of the O-rings in the system, and the dessicator, so I should be able to run the newer R-134A without thrashing the system:
...and because Lurker wants to tell me all about what I did wrong by following the directions, this is a closeup of the oil drain from the turbo. The feed is in the picture, but it's obscured, owing to the fact that there's a fucking lot of shit in there to get in the way. At any rate, the feed is the braided steel line that's running across the bottom of the block - it works its way up to the top of the CHRA, where there's an integrated restrictor.