/········\
\_.--Senator Date Rape
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings
Dislike

Applejuice
[M]onkey

Apr 11, 2005 #12

I will add that if you are going to get a 600cc sportbike for your first bike (which thousands of people do every year reguardless of what you tell them), get a CBR. They are by far the easier sportbike to handle.
Dislike

onewheeldoin200
[M]afia

Apr 11, 2005 #13

karax wrote:I'm all signed up for the MSF course, I'm so excited for this summer :D

But you listed the bikes I'm looking at save one: the yamaha Seca II. Do you happen to think that this would be a good beginner bike? Because I kinda really like them. I know they are an i4, but I've heard they can be a good beginner bike.
Congrats. Always great to see new people joining the fold :D

Yeah the Seca II is a nice little bike. It's much more rare than the ones listed above, but it looks good and goes well. It's actually pretty comparable to the EX500 except the riding position is more upright and it gets slightly better gas mileage. I think it makes like 5hp less than the EX.

If you can find a good price for one it would be a great beginner bike :) One thing, however, is used parts might be rather scarce. There's a crapload of EX500s and 250s at any wreckers, but usually very few Seca's.
Kase's Underage Boyfri wrote:dont forget to add the honda 599.. :)
See....I considered it, but it's got almost 30hp more than the SV650, which I already consider to be a lot of bike for a beginner. It's my strong personal belief that any bike based off of a 600 supersport is a bit much for someone who's never ridden before. The 599 would make an awesome bike, but I like to err on the side of caution and with that in mind I'd recommmend staying away from it for a first ride. :)
Member of the Gen[M]ay [M]otorcycle Club

Passion > Precision
Dislike

onewheeldoin200
[M]afia

Apr 11, 2005 #14

Applejuice wrote:I will add that if you are going to get a 600cc sportbike for your first bike (which thousands of people do every year reguardless of what you tell them), get a CBR. They are by far the easier sportbike to handle.
Truth.

Perhaps I should make a section in the first post entitled "If You're Going to Ignore Me and Get a SuperSport Anyways, Read This!" :o

Passion > Precision
Dislike

electric!sheep
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 11, 2005 #15

I got a Kawasaki KLR650 as my first bike, and the amount of power is just right. It has also forgiven a few low-speed falls on the dirt.
Dislike

onewheeldoin200
[M]afia

Apr 11, 2005 #16

electric!sheep wrote:I got a Kawasaki KLR650 as my first bike, and the amount of power is just right. It has also forgiven a few low-speed falls on the dirt.
Those bikes are :cool:

They have a really high seat though do they not?

Passion > Precision
Dislike

Applejuice
[M]onkey

Apr 11, 2005 #17

<r><QUOTE><s>
</s>One final rule: whenever passing another motorcyclist, a polite wave is required. It’s somewhat of an unwritten law, and almost like a secret handshake. Those silly fools in the cars don’t know what they’re missing. <e>
</e></QUOTE> <br/>
<br/>
I HATE HATE HATE when people don't wave back! (Usually R6/Gixxer squids)</r>
Dislike

onewheeldoin200
[M]afia

Apr 11, 2005 #18

Applejuice wrote:I HATE HATE HATE when people don't wave back! (Usually R6/Gixxer squids)
QFMFT!!!

I always find that when I'm on my dad's Suzuki cruiser, the Harley guys don't wave either because I'm obviously not a "real" rider :tard: :rolleyes:

Passion > Precision
Dislike

Rancidpunk666
Pure [M]ayhem
Rancidpunk666
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 11, 2005 #19

onewheeldoin200 wrote:QFMFT!!!

I always find that when I'm on my dad's Suzuki cruiser, the Harley guys don't wave either because I'm obviously not a "real" rider :tard: :rolleyes:
harley people really piss me off...............

they think they are better, when in reality their mullet pushrod motors are out dated and underpowerd and make the most hideous noise ever.....

they are just jealous :o
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Senator Date Rape
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings
Dislike

VanFanel
Pure [M]ayhem
VanFanel
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 11, 2005 #20

Very awesome thread. I am looking for a beginner bike myself, and this is a very good read for me!
Das Auto.
Dislike