Ignited
[M]afia

Apr 23, 2005 #101

///M3 wrote:I wave to everybody, any biker out there.
This is something that I'm really looking forward to when I start riding. :)
I'll be here when you wake up.
Dislike

OneWhoKnows
Pure [M]ayhem
OneWhoKnows
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 24, 2005 #102

Ignited wrote:This is something that I'm really looking forward to when I start riding. :)
I even wave to the people riding scooters - they seems to get a kick out of it and wave all happy-like.
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Dislike

electric!sheep
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 24, 2005 #103

OneWhoKnows wrote:I even wave to the people riding scooters - they seems to get a kick out of it and wave all happy-like.
I had a dude on a sportbike wave to me and a buddy when we were riding down a hill on road bikes at 35mph. :D
Dislike

VulcaN
Pure [M]ayhem
VulcaN
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 24, 2005 #104

I wove to a cop on a bike once and he turned around and started to write a ticket but changed his mind once he saw me wearing full gear and probably the fact that I was really polite. At least I didnt make fun of his oil leaker heh
Dislike

OneWhoKnows
Pure [M]ayhem
OneWhoKnows
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 24, 2005 #105

VulcaN wrote:I wove to a cop on a bike once and he turned around and started to write a ticket but changed his mind once he saw me wearing full gear and probably the fact that I was really polite. At least I didnt make fun of his oil leaker heh
He pulled you over for waving to him? :wtf:
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Dislike

SebTheDJ
Pure [M]ayhem
SebTheDJ
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 24, 2005 #106

OneWhoKnows wrote:He pulled you over for waving to him? :wtf:

WTF is what im thinking too.
Dislike

VulcaN
Pure [M]ayhem
VulcaN
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 24, 2005 #107

At least here its a ticketable offense, you have to keep both hands on the controls at all times.
Dislike

ReTECH
[M]onkey
ReTECH
[M]onkey

Apr 24, 2005 #108

Wow, I never heard of that, that really sucks. Not to mention it's a stupid law...
What state?
"It is better to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow." -american_psycho
Dislike

VulcaN
Pure [M]ayhem
VulcaN
Pure [M]ayhem

Apr 24, 2005 #109

washington DC
Dislike

Ignited
[M]afia

Apr 26, 2005 #110

Now let's talk cruisers...

As I've stated before, I'm weeks away from purchasing my first motorcycle. At first I really wanted a sport bike, but after much consideration, I just don't think I'm the sport bike type. I want something comfortable that I can take on long trips, and I've always been more attracted to cruisers anyways. I've been looking at the Yamaha V Star 650 Custom. It's got a 645cc, 40 cubic inch engine, which I think is pretty good. Here's a picture for reference.

I really like this bike and I think it'll make a good first cruiser. However, I'm afraid that I'll outgrow it too soon. Three months after buying it, I don't want to be wishing I had something bigger that could keep up on the highway, but I don't want something too big either. But for as cool as it looks and as well-priced as it is, it would be hard to turn down. Can anybody weight in on this?
I'll be here when you wake up.
Dislike