MasterOfNone
[M]onkey

Aug 31, 2008 #5421

I should also mention that I had a Bandit 400 and rode it for four years. I'm 6' 1" and was around 240 when I had it. It had no problems at all on the highway or anywhere else dragging my fat ass around. That 650 had at least 20hp more and tons more torque.
Gargle my sack
another thread-killa
Dislike

totensiebush
Pure [M]ayhem
totensiebush
Pure [M]ayhem

Aug 31, 2008 #5422

For quite a while I had an EX250 (hell still have one just need to get it running again). I'm 6'2" 185lb. It hauled me around no problem.

I'm currently on my KLX650 though, and just the leg position is SO much nicer than on the 250. I rode my friend's 1st gen SV650S last night and it felt fucking TINY, my legs were so far up compared to what i've gotten used to. While the seat might suck and I might get a lot of wind on me on the freeway, the lower body position is fucking awesome for someone my height.
Dislike

Aug 31, 2008 #5423

I was looking at the V-Strom, but it's twice as much as an SV!

I'll have to sit on an SV soon, to see how it feels
Does anyone still care about UID?
Dislike

claffix
[M]afia

Sep 01, 2008 #5424

So lopo, lets get this straight. The stock 1200 R has footpegs that are pretty well right under your body, handlebars that have you reaching far forward, and a seat with little to no padding. That sounds damn familiar though....

http://www.orangebikers.com/Luke%20gsxr.jpg

Check, check and check. I'm not saying the 1200 R is a touring bike because a full on supersport isn't either. But If guys can tour on sportbikes without major changes to the rider position, you can do it on a 1200R. You're dead set on getting a new bike and you want to justify it by telling yourself how unsuitable your current one is.
I've spent most of my money on booze and fast toys...the rest was just wasted.

I like my girls like I like my bikes: fast, naked, and barely legal.

Slow and steady wins the race, but fast and reckless steals the show.
Dislike

zoopnazi
Pure [M]ayhem
zoopnazi
Pure [M]ayhem

Sep 01, 2008 #5425

did the first oil change on my bike today.

Frickin thing holds more than a gallon of oil :eek:

It was a bit of a pain in the ass, because I can't find a filter wrench small enough, and there wasn't enough room for my hands.
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

California Pizza Chicken
Dislike

MasterOfNone
[M]onkey

Sep 01, 2008 #5426

zoopnazi wrote:did the first oil change on my bike today.

Frickin thing holds more than a gallon of oil :eek:

It was a bit of a pain in the ass, because I can't find a filter wrench small enough, and there wasn't enough room for my hands.
Mmmmmkay. Remind me since I can't find where you mentioned it - what bike do you have? Also, how did you determine the right amount of oil?
Gargle my sack
another thread-killa
Dislike

Mad|coW
[M]onkey
Mad|coW
[M]onkey

Sep 01, 2008 #5427

Well, after owning my first bike for I think about 3 months now, I just laid it down.

Im just in awe right now, just got back from it, feels pretty embarrassing.

I wasnt even going all that fast, maybe 25 or 30 on twisties in a really hilly area, and I was in the middle of a turn not even leaning as far as possible, and the bike just started sliding it seemed. I was giving it very slight front and rear brakes, maybe I twitched and grabbed the front hard as a natural reaction, or maybe there was a stick or gravel in the road (as there were cliffs in this area). Who knows.

Sliding was pretty fun Id have to say though, thank God I was on a left hand turn and not a right though.

Picking my bike up from the ditch was not only not fun and difficult, but embarrasing.

I just now hobbled home and inspected the damage, not too bad, lots of small scratched, a couple big ones, 1 missing turn signal, broken windshield, and the biggest, most noticeable thing: bent fork.

Is the bike all the way fucked? Its maybe 6 or 7 degrees twisted, the shocks both still give, but i have to hold the bars sideways to drive straight.

I'd always heard everyone lays it down at some point, now I believe it....Fuck.
76ca953f369762cf49d8e64f0886aef8
Dislike

zoopnazi
Pure [M]ayhem
zoopnazi
Pure [M]ayhem

Sep 01, 2008 #5428

MasterOfNone wrote:Mmmmmkay. Remind me since I can't find where you mentioned it - what bike do you have? Also, how did you determine the right amount of oil?
Yamaha MT-01
owners manual
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

California Pizza Chicken
Dislike

zoopnazi
Pure [M]ayhem
zoopnazi
Pure [M]ayhem

Sep 01, 2008 #5429

Mad|coW wrote:Well, after owning my first bike for I think about 3 months now, I just laid it down.

Im just in awe right now, just got back from it, feels pretty embarrassing.

I wasnt even going all that fast, maybe 25 or 30 on twisties in a really hilly area, and I was in the middle of a turn not even leaning as far as possible, and the bike just started sliding it seemed. I was giving it very slight front and rear brakes, maybe I twitched and grabbed the front hard as a natural reaction, or maybe there was a stick or gravel in the road (as there were cliffs in this area). Who knows.

Sliding was pretty fun Id have to say though, thank God I was on a left hand turn and not a right though.

Picking my bike up from the ditch was not only not fun and difficult, but embarrasing.

I just now hobbled home and inspected the damage, not too bad, lots of small scratched, a couple big ones, 1 missing turn signal, broken windshield, and the biggest, most noticeable thing: bent fork.

Is the bike all the way fucked? Its maybe 6 or 7 degrees twisted, the shocks both still give, but i have to hold the bars sideways to drive straight.

I'd always heard everyone lays it down at some point, now I believe it....Fuck.
what kind of bike?
the forks can twist in the triple clamps to give the twist you have, without damaging the forks or clamps themselves. You'l just have to loosen the clamps and straighten things up.

sucks to hear though
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

California Pizza Chicken
Dislike

MasterOfNone
[M]onkey

Sep 01, 2008 #5430

zoopnazi wrote:what kind of bike?
the forks can twist in the triple clamps to give the twist you have, without damaging the forks or clamps themselves. You'l just have to loosen the clamps and straighten things up.

sucks to hear though
You can also check to see if just the bars are twisted in the rubber mountings to the upper triple clamp, if the bike has rubber bushings mounting the bar clamps to the triple clamp.
Gargle my sack
another thread-killa
Dislike