FS: HTC G1 unlocked, white

_mike_
[M]afia

Nov 12, 2009 #1

i have an HTC G1 phone, it's unlocked for any major carrier (i can personally vouch for t-mobile and at&t but it should work with sprint and verizon plus others). it's the white one (not brown or black).

i got it over the summer from someone who didn't want it and the deal was good. but i have an iphone and after using both for a while i decided on the iphone. so the G1 is in perfect condition, the factory screen guard is still on (not a screen protector, just the packaging thing). honestly it's a great phone, android is the best mobile OS, every release is getting better, but i prefer the form factor of my iphone. when a decent android _phone_ comes out, i'm going to switch real quick.

if you're looking for an android phone / smart phone without a contract, this is for you.

i'm looking to get $250 shipped, fees included (i.e. you paypal me $250, you get the phone). reasonable offers considered, pics to come this afternoon.
Dislike

Bluesultan
Pure [M]ayhem
Bluesultan
Pure [M]ayhem

Nov 12, 2009 #2

How would this work for Sprint or Verizon?

AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM and Sprint and Verizon are CDMA.

Does the G1 run on both??
Indian in the 2006 [M] Village People.
Claus gave me $.22 for everlasting love. <3
Fuck IMNobody for messing with my avatar

abeadce0593058dafef81798d77fedda [OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.com]
Dislike

Alex
[M]onkey
Alex
[M]onkey

Nov 12, 2009 #3

yeah I was under the impression this is a GSM phone so you'd need a sim card, which neither verizon nor sprint uses.
Dislike

_mike_
[M]afia

Nov 12, 2009 #4

that's what was told to me, i know nothing about GSM vs. CDMA. i'll look into it, but until then

THIS PHONE DOES NOT WORK ON VERIZON OR SPRINT.
Dislike

Heathen-Yak
[M]afia

Nov 12, 2009 #5

Alex wrote:yeah I was under the impression this is a GSM phone so you'd need a sim card, which neither verizon nor sprint uses.
My vzw storm has a sim card.....a verizon branded sim card......:D the majority of their phones don't have them though ;)
Dislike

Bluesultan
Pure [M]ayhem
Bluesultan
Pure [M]ayhem

Nov 13, 2009 #6

Heathen-Yak wrote:My vzw storm has a sim card.....a verizon branded sim card......:D the majority of their phones don't have them though ;)
that's so you can use your phone on a GSM band if you're in an other country. Sprint has that with their Blackberry world phones too.
Indian in the 2006 [M] Village People.
Claus gave me $.22 for everlasting love. <3
Fuck IMNobody for messing with my avatar

abeadce0593058dafef81798d77fedda [OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.com]
Dislike

_mike_
[M]afia

Nov 14, 2009 #7

ok so we established this is a GSM only phone. let's save the replies for interested buyers now.

or make an offer ;).
Dislike

Mr.Coffea
Pure [M]ayhem
Mr.Coffea
Pure [M]ayhem

Nov 14, 2009 #8

Can it run the new android smoothly, or is it sluggish?
"I Have A Feeling The Ladies Like Mr Coffea"
-Mr Coffea-
Dislike

DlStreamnet
[M]afia

Nov 14, 2009 #9

Mr.Coffea wrote:Can it run the new android smoothly, or is it sluggish?
I have Android 1.5 w/ Rosie (whats on the mytouch or g2 depending on where you live) with no speed issues at ALL. the only catch is you cant slide the keyboard up on the home screen. only annoying if you type a text and hit the back button or home button and it returns to the main screen - otherwise perfect. especially with FB integration if that bothers you.
32d3b6ff0dbe4339b0b02ff09671c95b
Dislike

_mike_
[M]afia

Nov 14, 2009 #10

this phone has android 1.6 donut, running better than ever. sadly the g1's may stop getting updates at some point, maybe 2.0. but they run the 1.x great.

it's really an awesome mobile os, especially how fast they roll things out without the need to wait until the next big sales period.
Dislike