dio
[M]onkey
dio
[M]onkey

Jul 02, 2012 #61

Kahnza wrote:Of course they are. I was forced to go to church as a child.
I would urge you to become more atheist.
Dislike

Vendetta
Pure [M]ayhem
Vendetta
Pure [M]ayhem

Jul 02, 2012 #62

dio wrote:A plant does not grow towards the light because it fears darkness.
Da fuq? Plants move towards light sources because of phototropism. It has nothing to do with fear or the absence thereof, because it's a goddamn plant.
Last edited by Vendetta on 3:42 AM - Jul 02, 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Dislike

TheMorlock
Pure [M]ayhem
TheMorlock
Pure [M]ayhem

Jul 02, 2012 #63

ry_goody is my anti drug
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Dislike

Kahnza
Pure [M]ayhem
Kahnza
Pure [M]ayhem

Jul 02, 2012 #64

dio wrote:I would urge you to become more atheist.
I would urge you to become less loony.
Dislike

dio
[M]onkey
dio
[M]onkey

Jul 02, 2012 #65

Kahnza wrote:I would urge you to become less loony.
to me that translates to
"I urge you to become more western-style-religious"
Dislike

dio
[M]onkey
dio
[M]onkey

Jul 02, 2012 #66

Vendetta wrote:Da fuq? Plants move towards light sources because of phototropism. It has nothing to do with fear or the absence thereof, because it's a goddamn plant.
everything operates on the same underlying forces of motion and growth
Dislike

TheMorlock
Pure [M]ayhem
TheMorlock
Pure [M]ayhem

Jul 02, 2012 #67

dio wrote:everything operates on the same underlying forces of motion and growth
um no. You see, plants have a growth chemical in certain areas that is antagonized by light. So the side opposite the light grows faster and swings the energy capturing surfaces to best catch the light.

While at the same time gravity pulls a growth inhibiting compound out of the upper areas of the plant so the plant grows higher to out compete competition. While at the same time promoting growth of root tendrils.

You fucknut.
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Dislike

Kahnza
Pure [M]ayhem
Kahnza
Pure [M]ayhem

Jul 02, 2012 #68

dio wrote:to me that translates to
"I urge you to become more western-style-religious"
to me that translates to
"I add context to things that just aren't there"
Dislike

dio
[M]onkey
dio
[M]onkey

Jul 02, 2012 #69

TheMorlock wrote:um no. You see, plants have a growth chemical in certain areas that is antagonized by light. So the side opposite the light grows faster and swings the energy capturing surfaces to best catch the light.

While at the same time gravity pulls a growth inhibiting compound out of the upper areas of the plant so the plant grows higher to out compete competition. While at the same time promoting growth of root tendrils.

You fucknut.
im reffering to something deeper

just because you can produce more big sounding words on a subject doesnt make you correct
Dislike

dio
[M]onkey
dio
[M]onkey

Jul 02, 2012 #70

Kahnza wrote:to me that translates to
"I add context to things that just aren't there"
what... you yourself said you were raised in a church household and obviously had attributes from these mental frameworks imprinted on you, I'm just keeping things in proper context.

It is a great error to believe that you just popped out as 'you' with your current perception, as some cleanly developed slate of perception. Your viewpoint, and the way your brain filters information is the result of years and years of environmental influence and imprints from your parents and relatives. You are not 'you', meaning, some unique development of objectivity and correctness, you are the culmination of your past imprints. Only if you undergo the process of completely wiping your brain clean of all past imprints can you only be considered 'you' in a true sense. Otherwise 'you' are the just the psychological residue of your parents, you relatives, your teachers, your favorite artists, maybe there some true 'you' in there as well, but it's all mixed in with everything else.
Last edited by dio on 7:33 AM - Jul 02, 2012, edited 3 times in total.
Dislike