Dyno
[M]afia
Dyno
[M]afia
Joined: Oct 03, 2003

Mar 21, 2006 #111

dagamore wrote:not to call you a dumb ass but you are a great big dumb ass.

Now i can not link to any articles that "support" my point of view...
Only in The Pit is someone called a dumbass for linking to what is now twenty articles that prove my point of view. Let's just focus for a second, you are calling me a dumbass because you and I have different opinions on this subject. What the fuck is that about?

Your friends are saying different things than all the major news agencies. Things that you cannot collaborate with any news agency yourself. Remarkable.

So are your friends saying that 50-60 are not dying every day, that the ancient mosque wasn't blown to pieces, that IEDs and other attacks aren't happening in increasing numbers. Just what are they saying that no one else dares report?
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

Badger_sly
[M]onkey
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Mar 21, 2006 #112

Dyno wrote:I'll just keep bring out more Daily Show and liberal blogs that paint what kind of a hell that country has become. ...........
Fixed for truth.

The best latest spin of bullshit you can come up with Dyno is insurance? :tard:
Insurance companies taking benefit from any given opportunity........who'd a thought???
Your attempts at spin just keep getting increasingly weak. ;)
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

Impulse Rxn
[M]onkey
Joined: Jul 13, 2002

Mar 21, 2006 #113

Dyno wrote:I'll just keep bring out more article that paint what kind of a hell that country has become. Arthur and Badger and the rest can make their pathetic shots meanwhile come up with nothing that paints a better picture.

Think about this you delusional pap-smears. When America rolls in to a country to fight the War on Terror, why does that country become the first nation in the world to offer Terror Attack Insurance? Iraq has become the most terrorised country on earth because the US went there to combat terror. Talk about a total fucking failure! We're talking 180 degrees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/21/inter ... ?th&emc=th



I can't even fathom living in a place where such insanity becomes the norm.
The United States was probably a bad place to be a british loyalist after the french came in and helped the Colonists fight off their oppressors, too.

Not that it is as bad as Iraq is due to technology and religious/cultural zealotry, but the principle is the same. The people in Iraq lived under (what i would argue) to be a more tyrannical regime then the Colonists did- but nobody attacks the French for coming in to help the Colonists fight the British.

edit: i just reread that and i don't want people to think i'm making a literal comparison between colonists and iraqi insurgency, becuase i'm not. but look at the scenario, a group of people is living under the oppressive rule of a dictator (or king) and a foreign power intervenes on behalf of the oppressed. It's not that different.
2011 BMW 328Xi Sedan
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
1A2- C-5 Loadmaster
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

cartz
[M]osquito
cartz
[M]osquito
Joined: Mar 18, 2005

Mar 21, 2006 #114

Badger_sly wrote:Fixed for truth.

The best latest spin of bullshit you can come up with Dyno is insurance? :tard:
Insurance companies taking benefit from any given opportunity........who'd a thought???
Your attempts at spin just keep getting increasingly weak. ;)
You just proved his point you stupid piece of shit, the oppourtunity wasn't there before, since the US arrived, terror insurance is now a viable market, good job proving his fucking point.
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

Dyno
[M]afia
Dyno
[M]afia
Joined: Oct 03, 2003

Mar 21, 2006 #115

cartz wrote:You just proved his point you stupid piece of shit, the oppourtunity wasn't there before, since the US arrived, terror insurance is now a viable market, good job proving his fucking point.
Yeah all Badger has are accusations that I get all my info from The Daily Show, meanwhile the last twelve links or so have come from The New York Times or the Guardian or Yahoo.

He also can't differenciate between actual footage of an event or statement and the site that hosts it. I doubt very much that he's allowed to drive or work with power tools either.
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

Impulse Rxn
[M]onkey
Joined: Jul 13, 2002

Mar 21, 2006 #116

Dyno wrote:Yeah all Badger has are accusations that I get all my info from The Daily Show, meanwhile the last twelve links or so have come from The New York Times or the Guardian or Yahoo.

He also can't differenciate between actual footage of an event or statement and the site that hosts it. I doubt very much that he's allowed to drive or work with power tools either.

The fact is is that almost every news organisation has some kind of bias to it, it's almost inescapable. Even the neutrality of the Associated press has recently come into question. Although one can comment on the illegitimate source of ones arguments, it's tough to come up with a better source becasue almost all of them are going to be biased. Even many 'non partisan' organisations has party ties if you look hard enough
2011 BMW 328Xi Sedan
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
1A2- C-5 Loadmaster
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

Dyno
[M]afia
Dyno
[M]afia
Joined: Oct 03, 2003

Mar 21, 2006 #117

Impulse Rxn wrote:The fact is is that almost every news organisation has some kind of bias to it, it's almost inescapable. Even the neutrality of the Associated press has recently come into question. Although one can comment on the illegitimate source of ones arguments, it's tough to come up with a better source becasue almost all of them are going to be biased. Even many 'non partisan' organisations has party ties if you look hard enough
For the sake of argument I would agree and so I am loath to attack the source of information, rather I look for another source that either confirms or contradicts the original source.

But the Morlocks, Badgers, Gs, and Dagomores are too lazy for that (which I can appreciate because finding a good news in Iraq story might take all day.) Instead they just pull out the same tired insults and bash the sources I bring. They feel compelled to fill the thread with factless neo-con slant in order to counteract the news reports I find.

I'm confident however that readers of at least average intelligence see these ass-clowns for the vapid mouthpieces they are.
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

Impulse Rxn
[M]onkey
Joined: Jul 13, 2002

Mar 21, 2006 #118

Dyno wrote:For the sake of argument I would agree and so I am loath to attack the source of information, rather I look for another source that either confirms or contradicts the original source.

But the Morlocks, Badgers, Gs, and Dagomores are too lazy for that (which I can appreciate because finding a good news in Iraq story might take all day.) Instead they just pull out the same tired insults and bash the sources I bring. They feel compelled to fill the thread with factless neo-con slant in order to counteract the news reports I find.

I'm confident however that readers of at least average intelligence see these ass-clowns for the vapid mouthpieces they are.
You have to understand that you're debasing what would be an otherwise sound response by throwing in your bullshit condescending 'factless neocon hack' tirade. For every 'factless neocon hack' tired there's a 'bleeding heart socialist' CNN article that 'chooses' to leave out key facts that are printed elsewhere.

i'm not saying its just cnn, becuase fox news does it to. So does MSNBC, the Journal, the Times, and every major news outlet. That's just a fact of life. But please don't give me this one sided argument that the conservatives use BS sources and just because you can find two bs liberal sources that confirm eachother, your point is more valid. More reinforced, perhaps, but not more valid.

I'd more easily subscribe to a report from the Department of the Treasury then ten reports from Communist Americans for Encompassing Tithing.
2011 BMW 328Xi Sedan
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
1A2- C-5 Loadmaster
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

Dyno
[M]afia
Dyno
[M]afia
Joined: Oct 03, 2003

Mar 21, 2006 #119

I am not bashing the conservative news sources, I'm pointing out that there isn't a 'Iraq on the Mend' article in this whole fucking thread. The people who think Iraq is better than before have only their opinion, nothing else!

That's why I call them factless. What else should I call them?
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share

dagamore
[M]onkey
Joined: Dec 04, 2002

Mar 22, 2006 #120

Dyno wrote:Only in The Pit is someone called a dumbass for linking to what is now twenty articles that prove my point of view. Let's just focus for a second, you are calling me a dumbass because you and I have different opinions on this subject. What the fuck is that about?

lets see you posted links only from the NYTimes and 2 UK sources, (BBC and Guardian iirc) Now the NYTimes has been blatantly Anti-President Bush, and has been anti-Free Iraq since long before the start of the war, so everything I read from them, that is either Anti-President Bush or anti-Iraq I filter, since I have FIRST HAND EXPREIANCE of people that are either still over there, or were over there in the past 6 months. and something you should keep in mind about your 2 UK sources, both of them have been removed from the British Army Network (sorta like AFN) because they were caught read handed ignoring and or misreporting stories that showed British/US troops in a bad light.

You are not a dumb ass because you and I dont agree; you are a dumb ass because you are quoting the biased NYTimes like it is not a prime example of yellow journalism.
Dyno wrote:Your friends are saying different things than all the major news agencies. Things that you cannot collaborate with any news agency yourself. Remarkable.
Since the last report I saw on the make up of the MSM showed that 92% of them were either Registered Democrats, or another left leaning political group. So I do not accept what most of the MSM have to say, now if the MSM was even closely to a proper cross sample of political believes it might make a difference, but since they are for the most part Blatant Partisan Hacks, and I spend all day working with Real US Army Soldiers and they have a vastly different opinion of what is going on in both OEF OIF. and before you get on a high horse about the military being blatantly right wing, the last Stars and Stripes (US Military Over Seas Paper) showed that only 41% think of them self’s as republicans/right wing, and 42% think of them self’s as democrats/left wing.

Dyno wrote:So are your friends saying that 50-60 are not dying every day that the ancient mosque wasn't blown to pieces that IEDs and other attacks aren't happening in increasing numbers. Just what are they saying that no one else dares report?
I dont buy the 50-60 per day, even if you count civilian casualties in that number, more like 25-30, and yes that ancient mosque did blow up, IED's are an issue, and the attacks are happening, but no in increasing numbers (look at the state.gov and or the army.mil OPI sites). I will tell you what they are saying.


Quote Medical SSG formerly assigned to 1/64 Armor 3rd ID (lead element in to Baghdad)
We found many hospitals/care centers that did not have any/very little medical gear, but tons of ammo and explosives. Why does a Medical Clinic need 250 75mm mortar rounds?

ect.
ect.
ect.

why dont we hear ever from the MSM about any of the new schools, what about the new hospitals, what about the 350 Mosques that Halliburton build in the past two years?

ect.
ect.
ect.

It’s because the NYTimes and other "News Sources" have taken the position that President Bush = Hitler and the US Military is all a bunch of bad people, so Iraq must be a shit hole. And they fail to report anything that does not support that idea.
Quote
Like
Dislike
Share