Need a new shotty. Wait for a gun show or FFL it?

Typhoon43
Pure [M]ayhem
Typhoon43
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #1

Kind of on the fence about doing an FFL transfer, as I've never done one. How does it really work? Can I get a gunbroker account, then just tell them to ship it to the gun shop by my house, and then I'll go in there and pay the gun shop to release it, or is it more complicated than that? If it is, then I guess I'll look private party or just go snag one at the local gun show when they have another one. Really want a SAIGA-12, and just sold my Remington 870 tactical this weekend, so now I'm itching to get one. I just want to be a lazy Amercian and just hand over a wad of cash and go home though :lol:
I'm the King of Wishful Thinking.....
Dislike

lollersk8s
Pure [M]ayhem
lollersk8s
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #2

SAIGA-12 :drool:
Originally Posted by she nice
i do drink but it's not as effective for immediate relief
Dislike

Typhoon43
Pure [M]ayhem
Typhoon43
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #3

I loved my Remington Tactical, but semi-auto + capacity = I need it. Just need to see how reliable you can make them. I know they're "AK-like", but I heard they can be temperamental too.
Dislike

lollersk8s
Pure [M]ayhem
lollersk8s
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #4

You probably won't be dragging it through mud or do anything particularly abusive, probably will be ok

I shot a SPAS 12 before, so if it's like that or better - DO WANT
Originally Posted by she nice
i do drink but it's not as effective for immediate relief
Dislike

RazorWind
Pure [M]ayhem
RazorWind
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #5

Can you not just go to a store and buy whatever it is that you want? I didn't think those Saigas were particularly rare.

Most shops, in Texas, at least, charge a high enough transfer fee that you're approaching what it would cost to just buy from them once you add shipping and fees. If you find an FFL that's just some guy in his kitchen, then it's cheaper, but something about that seems shady to me.
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Dislike

Typhoon43
Pure [M]ayhem
Typhoon43
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #6

The town I live in only has 2 real gun stores. They tend to be pricey. On gunbroker I can get one that already has he mods I'd like to have.
Dislike

The Unflushable Turd
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #7

FFL transfers usually run 25-30 bucks a pop.
If you buy from an FFL he can ship it to your local guy and you just pay him. If you buy from joe schmoe on gunbroker he'll have to ship it through his FFL and will obviously want you to pay for that as well.
GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS 2008
“We hope T.O. has his popcorn ready,” Michael Strahan said. “Maybe him and Crayton can sit in his home theater and watch us next week.”
Dislike

The Unflushable Turd
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #8

lollersk8s wrote:You probably won't be dragging it through mud or do anything particularly abusive, probably will be ok

I shot a SPAS 12 before, so if it's like that or better - DO WANT
what a disgusting piece of shit hypocrite you are.
GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS 2008
“We hope T.O. has his popcorn ready,” Michael Strahan said. “Maybe him and Crayton can sit in his home theater and watch us next week.”
Dislike

mikeawesome
Pure [M]ayhem
mikeawesome
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #9

keltec ksg
RIP Malamute
Dislike

joemama
Pure [M]ayhem
joemama
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2014 #10

It's pretty simple really, just find a gun you like on gunbroker, figure out how much you want to pay and then go to your local gun store and see if they can get the same gun for the same price. If they can't then just tell them you want to have the gunbroker seller ship to their place and you will pick it up when it comes in.
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Dislike