Kato
Pure [M]ayhem
Kato
Pure [M]ayhem

Aug 18, 2005 #181

Quinine wrote:You assume that most people have rationalizing skills below you. In fact, many people do this. Ask someone what would happen if drugs were legalized, and they'll say "Everyone will start using drugs recklessly and horribly". Ask them if they would start doing this, and they'll say "No, I know better. Other people don't."

It is arrogance of the highest order.
No it isn't.

Most of the population still believes the government drug propaganda in the style of Reefer Madness. Anyone who has studied the issue, studied the effects of prohibition, and understands the effects of marijuana on the human body is much more capable of making an intelligent decision on the matter than the average citizen.

After decades of government propaganda, and Christian bullshit, is it any suprise that people, as a whole, are uneducated about marijuana and the societal effects of prohibition?
But women and water are in short supply
There's not enough dope for us all to get high
I hear it gets better, that's what they say
As soon as we sail on to Cane Garden Bay
Dislike

Crass
[M]afia
Crass
[M]afia

Aug 19, 2005 #182

Quinine wrote:You assume that most people have rationalizing skills below you. In fact, many people do this. Ask someone what would happen if drugs were legalized, and they'll say "Everyone will start using drugs recklessly and horribly". Ask them if they would start doing this, and they'll say "No, I know better. Other people don't."

It is arrogance of the highest order.
No, not at all really. I've had numerous people say they don't do drugs because all they hear is propogandist horror stories, or they say "fucking hippies need to die out, god damn stoners." I've also lived in the drug scene for the past five years of my life, and I've seen it all, save anyone ODing, it's not pretty. You would think people have common sense or self-discipline, but drugs really just consume your entire being and have no end, they always leaving you searching for more. It's pointless trying to argue with someone who hasn't experienced this kind of stuff first-hand, because the only drug knowledge you have is of the junkies you see on the street, what DARE teaches you, or what you see on TV or in the movies..
ohi
Dislike

:ninja:
Pure [M]ayhem
Pure [M]ayhem

Aug 19, 2005 #183

If it were legalized I would empty my bank account and spend it all on seeds, then sell bud and hashish. The government could tax it like tobacco products, people could smoke it, and I could have a highly profitable business.

Sounds good to me.
Use Linux and BSD
Dislike

elmo909
[M]onkey
elmo909
[M]onkey

Aug 19, 2005 #184

:ninja: wrote:If it were legalized I would empty my bank account and spend it all on seeds, then sell bud and hashish. The government could tax it like tobacco products, people could smoke it, and I could have a highly profitable business.

Sounds good to me.
I'm pretty sure it would still be illegal to grow. Are you allowed to grow tobacco and sell it? That's what I thought.
Dislike

Jim Morrison
Pure [M]ayhem
Jim Morrison
Pure [M]ayhem

Aug 20, 2005 #185

elmo909 wrote:I'm pretty sure it would still be illegal to grow. Are you allowed to grow tobacco and sell it? That's what I thought.
Is this a joke?
Dislike

Pentahedral
[M]onkey

Aug 21, 2005 #186

elmo909 wrote:I'm pretty sure it would still be illegal to grow. Are you allowed to grow tobacco and sell it? That's what I thought.
:lol::tard:

Why would you think it's illegal to grow over the age of 18?
Member of the Jetta TDI Club of Genmay
Dislike

arthur pendragon
Pure [M]ayhem

Aug 21, 2005 #187

elmo909 wrote: Are you allowed to grow tobacco and sell it? That's what I thought.
You thought wrong.......
www.mp3.com.au/stephenwalker/

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion
Dislike

elmo909
[M]onkey
elmo909
[M]onkey

Aug 21, 2005 #188

arthur pendragon wrote:You thought wrong.......
You're allowed to grow it and SELL it? That was kind of the keyword... I was kind of under the assumption that you need some sort of special license? Even if it was legalized, corporations would be able to sell a cheaper product and would probably destroy any "non-specialty" business.
Dislike

andrew
[M]inus
andrew
[M]inus

Aug 21, 2005 #189

Not really. A 'pack' of Jester tobacco, which you need to roll on your own, costs around $6, and doesn't contain any of (well, far less IIRC) the nasty additives that camels or marlboros do. Not only that, but this very pack has at least 50 cigarettes worth of tobacco, from my experience, definitely way more cost effective than major corporation smokes.
Dislike

Pure [M]ayhem
Pure [M]ayhem

Aug 21, 2005 #190

elmo909 wrote:Even if it was legalized, corporations would be able to sell a cheaper product and would probably destroy any "non-specialty" business.
there's always niche markets...
Use Linux and BSD
Dislike