[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem
[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem

May 04, 2009 #11

How is food and bars not fun? Are you not 21 or something?

I missed the last one because Jul 8th was my bday and no offense but I had other people I wanted to spend that day with.

If Squeeky goes again I'll def. go. Also I have a house and can host, it's a 4bdr and i have 2 roommates. No pool :( but a decent yard if it's something small... wouldn't even want to try anything close to hosting Sanjay caliber
Make Genmay Great Again
Dislike

liquidkristal
Pure [M]ayhem
liquidkristal
Pure [M]ayhem

May 04, 2009 #12

Ok, so I've had a look at what Pasadena (In Mappoint 2006), which end is considered downtown? (I assume the intersection of Fair Oaks and Colorado is pretty much down town)

I see there is a Hilton over near a convention center, what are prices like for that place, and maybe room rental (like at the Radisson, as its easier if people have a central place to be thats not your place if you are trying to set stuff up, get prepped for a party).

as far as things people are doing, I can't do anything with food apart from buy it from a local store and prep it / cook it (same goes for Liquor).

I don't mind cooking, so I will put my name forward for that.

I am more than happy to drive about with people on any trips etc (I see thats it easy to get to Santa Monica and other places that I've heard of), I'll just pickup an Expedition XL or whatever from the airport.

as far as bars / food, count me in, I'll be up for a bit of that :)
My Posts are like a car wreck.. you don't want to look, but you just feel you have to.

"I have to ask you a question."
"What is it?"
"Its an inquisitive statement used to test knowledge, but thats not important right now.
Dislike

[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem
[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem

May 05, 2009 #13

liquid spounds like the guy to have over :cool:
Make Genmay Great Again
Dislike

liquidkristal
Pure [M]ayhem
liquidkristal
Pure [M]ayhem

May 10, 2009 #14

ok, where are we upto with this.

Has a location been decided as time is marching on?

if it is going to be at the OP's place, does anyone have any experience with the Pasadena Convention Center, as I see that they do conference rooms, as that will make it easier to gather people together, or any nearby hotels with conference facilities (probably better as they will have pools etc)

As for bars I see that there is a Dave and Busters about 7 miles from the center of Pasadena, alternatively, there are a bunch of BJ Brewhouse locations within 10 miles of Pasadena (Burbank / Glendale / Arcadia / Montebello). I don;t know the names of any other decent places as I'm not exactly local round those parts, I am sure there will be other comparable places.
My Posts are like a car wreck.. you don't want to look, but you just feel you have to.

"What is it?"
"Its an inquisitive statement used to test knowledge, but thats not important right now.
Dislike

Vigilante
Pure [M]ayhem
Vigilante
Pure [M]ayhem

May 26, 2009 #15

so any updates? lets try not to let this die
Genmay Gun Club Member
Hobo Club
Dislike

liquidkristal
Pure [M]ayhem
liquidkristal
Pure [M]ayhem

May 27, 2009 #16

Where abouts is studio city (I've had a quick look and I can't see it (I assume its somewhere near downtown LA / century city kind of area))

"What is it?"
Dislike

brkdncr
Pure [M]ayhem
brkdncr
Pure [M]ayhem

May 27, 2009 #17

studio city is near hollywood along the 101 i believe.

If you guys set a date ahead of time my place is still open for a grill out, party, music, hot tub, central meetup location, etc.

i don't recommend staying in pasadena tho. I suggest something like hotel figueroa, which i think is pretty cheap. You'll want something close to the train/subway system so you can get around to different parts of LA. Most people want to see hollywood, universal city, the long beach aquarium. Other items of interest is the museum downtown (lacma or moca, i can't remember which), staples center, the nokia theater and club nokia, the wiltern theater, the disney music hall. Night items should definately include bar hopping on melrose/sunset/hollywood or my fave, bar-hopping in downtown.

dave 'n busters are somewhat fun, but over the past 4 years i've seen most of them go downhill. Nothing beats food, drink, and arcade games tho, that's for sure.

We can even rent us a party van to take us around the sunset/melrose/hollywood/downtown area if everyone wants to bar-hop in style.

Let me know if how else I can help to make this happen. My summer schedule is looking like the end of June I'll be leaving town, and possibly leaving again in September for a short trip.
Dislike

liquidkristal
Pure [M]ayhem
liquidkristal
Pure [M]ayhem

May 27, 2009 #18

ok flights are still good.
car rental is still good.

lets get something organised (as it is starting to get a little pricy for me)

"What is it?"
Dislike

Vigilante
Pure [M]ayhem
Vigilante
Pure [M]ayhem

May 27, 2009 #19

so how about mid july?
Genmay Gun Club Member
Hobo Club
Dislike

P3R3
[M]onkey
P3R3
[M]onkey

May 27, 2009 #20

name a time and place in LA area and I would be there.
Dislike