[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem
[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem

Jan 08, 2010 #11

ps. damn thermo. did you get the feeling that the rubber boots were holding them in?

and what do you mean TBI :wtf: I thought all saturns were dohc mpfi etc and it was GM's Honda Killa
Make Genmay Great Again
Dislike

Typhoon43
Pure [M]ayhem
Typhoon43
Pure [M]ayhem

Jan 08, 2010 #12

That's better than ford Did in the 99-2001 heads on the 5.4's where the plug holes only had 4 threads. People in F150's and Expeditions would be driving and it would literally SHOOT the plug into the hood , taking the coil pack with it. The Lightnings, cince they were boosted, were even worse. Guys ont he Lightning boards are constantly launchingthem unless they tighten them every oil change. Ford got smart in mid 01' and did 8-thread heads. Those stay put :D
I'm the King of Wishful Thinking.....
Dislike

[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem
[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem

Jan 08, 2010 #13

FOUR threads?

:wtf: :confused:

Did they take a special, stumpy spark plug or something?
Make Genmay Great Again
Dislike

grjr
[M]onkey
grjr
[M]onkey

Jan 08, 2010 #14

Depending on what type of seat the plug has you can just tighten it a certain fraction of a turn after it bottoms out (sort of like oil filters). Easy to do if you don't have a torque wrench. (I am too lazy to google it right now, I'll let someone else do it)
irc.slashnet.org #cartalk
Dislike

zoopnazi
Pure [M]ayhem
zoopnazi
Pure [M]ayhem

Jan 08, 2010 #15

My old dirtbike was kind of like that. If it started to run a little funky, sometimes it meant the spark plug was coming loose :lol:
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

California Pizza Chicken
Dislike

Thermo1223
Pure [M]ayhem
Thermo1223
Pure [M]ayhem

Jan 08, 2010 #16

[H]ard|On;24111479 wrote:ps. damn thermo. did you get the feeling that the rubber boots were holding them in?

and what do you mean TBI :wtf: I thought all saturns were dohc mpfi etc and it was GM's Honda Killa
Honestly ya I did for that particular one haha

Nah the very first ones were sohc TBI making....

wait for it....

85hp

The later models got mpfi and an extra 15hp from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_I4_engine
'09 Subaru Forester XT - Hauler
'14 Scion xD - It's cute...ugh
'04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI=FAILWAGON
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:
Dislike

[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem
[H]ard|On
Pure [M]ayhem

Jan 08, 2010 #17

That's brutal.

I remember reading an article about Saturn in general (it's economic position today) and how japanese makers really weren't sure what to expect when the line came out... but according to a honda R&D guy when they got their first one and took it appart... they went out to celebrate that night. :(
Make Genmay Great Again
Dislike